Sign in to follow this  
SharRM

Questions about Luke Walton

I was happy when they hired Luke, but lately I’m having second thoughts. I like that we’re playing better defense. However, his lineups are crazy. He seems to have favorites, and Julius and JC are definitely not on that list. He has the most random players on the floor at the same time. He just doesn’t play our best players. He finally is starting Kyle K. so if Lonzo passes there’s a player who can actually make the shot. Now Larry Nance seems to be on the naughty list because he has gotten very few minutes the last couple of games. I prefer Clarkson at point guard over Caruso. Anyway, it’s frustrating because I feel Luke is responsible for several of our losses. Stop seeing how many different lineups you can play and let them gel. I’m going to game on Christmas Day so I’m hoping you make better decisions, Luke!

I really like Luke Walton, but you know what in my opinion, he doesn't give his players enough props, in his interviews he's just way to safe with his answers, get your players fired up man.  Tell the media, my players played their hearts out and they continue to prove that the Lakers can contend with the best of them. Let them know the Lakers are coming and the other teams better watch out!!!! 

I agree, Lakers fan for over 40 years. I was discouraged with Luke's line-up to start the 4th quarter just now in the  Lakers loss to Houston on Dec. 31. We should have won this game also. Up by three with 20 seconds left and Paul drives and kicks it out to a wide open man for a three to tie game. Bad fundamental teaching, let Paul make layup if he does and still be up by one and our ball with 17 seconds left. We had the lead in overtime and squandered away by bad coaching of fundamentals and use of clock. Finally, the same thing I've been preaching for a long time,  make our players practice free throws while being winded, like game playing conditions and not just stand there and shoot practice free throws one after another. It's a lot easier to make them when you're not winded and out of breath.