Sign in to follow this  
Old Laker Fan

Thoughts about team

Look...I'm not going to tear-up this year's team...actually I like them very much...I think Kuz has a chance to have his name in the rafters someday...but now it's time to get better...lot's of disappointing loses this year...I call them what could have been...what I saw was inexperience in how to close the game...trying to hard instead of flowing with the game...to much dribbling and not enough passing...here are my concerns...you can sneeze at either Ball or Ingram and they could bet hurt...so as good as they could be doesn't do any good if they are not able to play...with that said...I'd consider trading Ingram for Kawhi Leonard...if nothing more then you get a quality player that actually can suit up...as it is you also have the same problem with Ball...what happens if he misses like 30-40% of the game next year because of injury...you have some super backup players...but I'd like to see Leonard, Paul George and LeBron, Ball and then you need a Big...and I have no problem with Lopez as center...with Kuzma, Hart, Wear, Ennis, Zubac, Caruso and Frye on the bench...even throw-in Andre Ingram into the mix....the problem as you can see...is getting Kuzma into starting line-up...but that's one wow guy coming off the bench...Lopez can spread the floor out as a big...he hit's outside shot...would I like to keep Randle...absolutely...but where do you put him...he's not a closer...he's everything else...terrific player...really I'm conflicted...because it might only be one guy they need...they need someone to finish that scores 20 plus per night...just started this topic to see what everyone else thought about it...name your 12-13 players you'd like to see on the floor...if I could get the Greek freak on this team...I'd go nuts...a real fantasy...but it would win!!!

I agree...I really like the team...my point being that great on paper is one thing...however you need people that can play...and both Ball and Ingram just are hurt to often...if they can fix that...I'm good...I just think Ingram is just to frail...same thing last year...so get George or Kawhi...however keep in mind the Lakers need an all-star center...shades of Chamberlin, Karem and Shaq...somewhere down the line that has to be addressed...today's game has changed...however a dominate center can protect the paint...guys are just getting beat left and right going to the basket...how many layups can a team really give away...the Lakers currently are handing them out like candy...