Sign in to follow this  
Tririder

Lonzo Concern

Lonzo Ball has a lot going for him. He is a very talented PG, all be it, his shooting stinks this year. But my biggest concern about him is his fragility. It doesn't take too much to take him out with an injury that keeps him out of the game. I think of D Rose and the decline in his career because of injury after injury. Lonzo seems very fragile to me. I also have the same concern for Brandon Ingram. Maybe things will change as they both become physically developed. Hope so.

Not the same thing at all Rose was a contortionist it was inevitable to break down, Linzos just a rookie getting a feel for the leagues schedule and play. Next season he’ll be 100% ! 

Yeah, I agree with Smooth. Rose's game relied pretty heavily on his athleticism. Lot's of cutting, crossovers and blow-bys. Lonzo's game is more cerebral and based on making the right decisions. Don't get me wrong, he's surprisingly fast on the break and makes lightning quick decisions, but he doesn't have the same lateral speed or quickness that Rose possessed in his prime. Lonzo isn't a prototypical athletic point guard and I think that works in his favor, injury-wise. Also, we shouldn't forget that Rose has always needed the ball in his hands to be effective, whereas Lonzo's game is more about making the right decisions and getting the ball out of his hands. To me this suggests that Lonzo's game will likely age better than Rose's and, hopefully, keep him free of injuries. Of course accidents happen and you can never predict these things, but from a purely speculative standpoint, I think Lonzo will have a much healthier season after he has a summer to focus getting his body ready to handle a full NBA season. I'm with you, Tririder. I think Lonzo and Ingram will become much more durable as they develop physically.